Monday, September 8, 2014

Article review for animation blog

  This article contained a surprising amount of usefull information. I have always assumed when presenting any type of lengthy work to someone that they should be entertained in the first few minuets but this article revealed that an aspiring animator has less than 30 seconds! That could prove to be challenging, but anything difficult is, in my opinion, worth fighting for.

 Another topic this article touched upon was the simplicity of your work. Quality can always be nice especially when making a video or animation, but over exerting yourself can in the end only be counter productive. I understand that even I myself want to give everything I've got for all of my projects but going above and beyond can and often times will be to much. This doesn't mean that you or I shouldn't try just because the task is to difficult, I'm just saying to know your limits. As far as introductions and credits I agree with the articles take on keeping it short and simple. Put simply no one likes sitting through that, no matter how "pretty" you make it.

  Next the article hits on the amount of work you should be willing to show. According to the recruiters that made the article "Recruiters would rather see 2-3 really strong performance shots than everything you've done in school."  In other words, they are busy people and showing them your best work all the way to simple exercises can be an easy way to quickly get turned down.

  Following this the article talks about creativity which is a basic necessity for art in general. Be creative, expand ideas past formerly known boundaries and give them new life. Contradictory to what I stated earlier THIS would be the time to go above and beyond.

  Oddly enough the article also recommends acting classes to learn ways in which you can have the character you are trying to create come to life. Which makes complete sense to me, although I myself will not participate in such classes observing those who do can help animators get more lifelike emotions, expressions, and movements.

  The article also discusses a rather important topic. The topic of having appropriate content for its audience. For instance, I really enjoy humorous and comedic animations, but my sense of humor can be different from the person I am presenting the animation to. I wouldn't involve vulgar humor in a project that i was going to submit to a teacher. So think before you share certain clips with certain audiences.

 All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the articles informativeness, even though i don't agree with all of its points. I learned to recognize my limits, to pay attention to the audience, and arguably most important to be as creative and (for lack of a better word) fresh with my work as I can be.

  This article can prove extremely useful to those whom are interested in a career animating. If that is the case for the current reader i recommend taking the advice this article has to offer, maybe one day it could really help you out!


- See more at: http://blog.animationmentor.com/6-tips-from-recruiters-who-look-at-your-animation-demo-reel/#sthash.CXfc70G3.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment