Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ze Dragons

This article contained a wealth of information on a subject matter I have immense difficulty with, 3d animating. Unfortunately it also contains a subject I love very much..Dragons, I have studied dragons from several different perspectives since I was very young. From scientific, to artistic I love dragons in any form...The article gave a mixture of surprising and useful advice. The most prominent of which that I noticed was the title "Sometimes the best way to deal with a problem is to hide it". The issue at hand is that a fully grown male dragon has a massive muscular chest and long arms, but short legs. So in order to prevent the walking from looking awkward the animators literally hid the legs in most if not all of the scenes. This new information makes me feel a bit better about the possibilities in 3d, who knows I may even attempt to refine my skills over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment