Sunday, November 8, 2015

The hidden meaning

   This interview of Inside Out's Jonas Rivera, brought to my attention some interesting points about animation and film in general. a good amount of time given for all stages of production in class is roughly two weeks,  sometimes it takes the entire first week to prepare the idea before I can even start actually working on it. I will usually pull up a reference image or two do some concept art in my spare time, but I never really do much research on whatever I happen to be doing. Beyond whatever background is provided in class of course. The amount of detail and complexity that went into just the research of Inside Out makes me really appreciate all of the little things in these kinds of movies. For example the American version of Inside out used broccoli to introduce a character named disgust. In Japan the broccoli was replaced with green bell pepper. Knowing that such a minute change could effect the audience and the film so greatly is amazing to me. While I don't have enough time in class to do as much research as these filmmakers and animators do, I certainly think I will consider some more in depth concepts on my next project.

 ,but maybe thats just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment