Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sweet mother of render...

  3d has brought about many new challenges to animation but my least favorite to traverse would be rendering, simply because I can only sit back and tweedle my thumbs waiting for it to finish. Just looking at all of the complex  mechanics and sims running in the battle of the five armies movie made me want to cry imagining what it would take for poor Maya to crank that out in mental ray. But thankfully there are different programs specially developed for the job. Having hundreds of creatures and people battling it out on one screen is nothing to scoff at, the production and set up for something on this scale is absolutely ludicrous though it has been done before. Other movies such as The previous lord of the rings movies and Dawn of the planet of the apes, require the special attention of the high tech programs used at Weta Digital.
  All I can really say is that the process for a movie like this is incredible and complicated to no end. I am glad I only have to deal with a fraction of this on a minor scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment