Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reference material and believable character movement

 
  This article covers the necessity of reference material and how it applies to each persons unique art style. Animator Shawn Kelly talks about different reference materials such as comic books, movies, and pictures. Though Shawn makes it clear that he favors photography, he also lets the reader know that each reference type has its own benefits. For example comic books can give a more dynamic perspective of characters, and live action can help you to understand the movement better as a whole.

 This article helped me to understand reference material a bit better. What they should be used for and how. As far as the writers opinions I agree with all of them but one, I personally like comic art style references better than still images. This article will really help me on the 2d short project in that it will allow me to know what type of reference to use when.

No comments:

Post a Comment