Sunday, November 23, 2014

Holy Foley!

  While I personally find the host a tad creepy and insufferable, he is at the same time very informative. This article covers the use of a type of what can be referred to as sound effects during a film. Foley is one of three categories of sound. Ambiance, and library effects being the other two. This video goes over the history of foley and even provides some examples of its use in some old films. The host even uses his own studio and some friends to produce his own short comprised of a silent video and usage of foley. but, I found that short very irritating and at one point even found myself removing my headphones to alleviate my poor ear canals.

 Regardless use of foley and other various sound effects can prove very useful and can help to spice up some rather otherwise dull scenes. This information will prove to be relevant in its use in future projects, but I would recommend not having the viewer itching to leave because of overuse of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment